Induction Hob Envy

31 minutes ago, pocster said:

Just ordered my 

Neff B58VT68H0B  ?

More toys !!!

Only issue I have with the Neff ovens is the display regularly freezes, either completely or with partial function.

Needs to be turned off, wait 15 secs (light flashes inside) and turn on again, then reset timers etc. 

Have also replaced the inside glass on one of the hide and slide doors after someone closed it a bit too enthusiastically - not cheap but quite DIYable.

The pyrolytic self clean function is decent but there is an inch perimeter around the doors that you need to manually clean with something industrial.

• Thanks 1

There was an article in the papers yesterday about sourdough bread being too big for toasters.

The fact that this is not a problem as almost every house in the country has an oven with a grill that can also make toast seemed to be missed. 

3 hours ago, gc100 said:

My Mrs did a lot of research into IH with extractors and her conclusion was the extractors where pretty useless (and very expensive) - I have no first hand experience personally. We went with a really nice IH without extractor in the end (https://ao.com/product/ex975lvv1e-siemens-iq700-induction-hob-black-68119-39.aspx) which we both love and I positioned 2 MVHR extraction points above the island each side (3m apart). Any smells are gone very quickly, and since we've been in, not once have I thought "I wish I had an extractor". My MVHR might be somewhat oversized though as in 'normal' speed it does 225m3/h (min regs for our house is 191m3/h)

Sounds good - just making these decisions at the mo. Any concerns re grease build up in MVHR vents / ducts/ filters due to that ?

2 hours ago, AliG said:

There was an article in the papers yesterday about sourdough bread being too big for toasters

I only recently found out at the tender age if 38 that waffles are designed to be cooked in a toaster. I've been doing them in the grill or oven for years....its amazing. 

5 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

I only recently found out at the tender age if 38 that waffles are designed to be cooked in a toaster. I've been doing them in the grill or oven for years....its amazing. 

I fancied munching on a pop tart the other day, it never happened.

4 minutes ago, SuperJohnG said:

do you think that works with potato waffles ?

2 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

I fancied munching on a pop tart the other day, it never happened.

Loved a pop tart as a child..

2 hours ago, Buzz said:

do you think that works with potato waffles ?

Thats what I actually meant! Actual potato waffles are made for the toaster. 

21 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

Only issue I have with the Neff ovens is the display regularly freezes, either completely or with partial function.

Probably depends on the model no? Never seen this on ours, ~6 months old.

Got the Wifi connected ones --  90%of the motivation was  so that the clocks would always be synchronised and accurate :))

• Like 1

1 minute ago, joth said:

Probably depends on the model no? Never seen this on ours, ~6 months old.

Got the Wifi connected ones --  90%of the motivation was  so that the clocks would always be synchronised and accurate :))

We got them in 2016 (the year setting goes back to 2014).

I have WiFi envy, hate setting the clocks, especially as I have 4 of them they must all be exactly the same !

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, AliG said:

There was an article in the papers yesterday about sourdough bread being too big for toasters.

The fact that this is not a problem as almost every house in the country has an oven with a grill that can also make toast seemed to be missed. 

We have a Dualit with two slots and a cage (25 years old and still going).

Only bog standard white sliced bread seems to fit the slots but on a daily basis I do wedge in two nice thick slices of bloomer and watch it burn. 

I have 2 ovens. One is a combi microwave, fan oven, grill thing, the other is a standard oven. I never use the standard oven so have switched it off at the consumer unit as I was forever resetting the flashing digital clock display every time there was a power cut and that was the only time I touched it. It’s been off for over a year now. I can of course still use it when I want to. 

What do people with 2 or more matching ovens do if one breaks? Surely you’d need to replace the whole group as like everything oven models are continually being updated? 

1 minute ago, newhome said:

What do people with 2 or more matching ovens do if one breaks? Surely you’d need to replace the whole group as like everything oven models are continually being updated? 

Let's not go there :)

However, like the best technology solutions, I look at our oven quad as a fully redundant load sharing pair. 

• Haha 1

On 29/06/2021 at 10:32, AliG said:

I fancied four ovens because it looks good and see this a lot in houses but in reality couldn’t imagine ever needing four ovens so we have two.

We started out planning for a 60cm oven, a 45cm steam oven and a 19cm warming drawer.  But given a microwave was a requirement we've ended up with 60cm oven, 45cm steam-oven, 45cm combi-microwave and a 29cm warming drawer.  We didn't want/need a combi-microware.. but a basic microwaves wouldn't have matched ?

The kitchen company originally designed our kitchen with Gaggenau built in fridge and freezer at around £6k each. I changed to much more standard ones at about £1k each, still not cheap.

What suprised me is that as soon as you go beyond the standard sized fridge the price goes crazy! How can the a Siemens 603mm fridge can cost £5,400 when the 560mm version costs £1,600 RRP!

Edited by Dan F

Siemens do a 60cm combo oven and microwave now.

We have two of them and basically use one as the microwave and one as an oven but it gives a lot more flexibility.

For some reason we have had a few small power cuts recently and it’s the only time I have wished the ovens were Wi-Fi connected.

23 hours ago, Bitpipe said:

I have WiFi envy, hate setting the clocks, especially as I have 4 of them they must all be exactly the same !

So I'm sure it will please you to know, it was reading your comments on this subject that pushed me over to get the Wifi version

Thank you :)

• 2 weeks later...