Membrane (applied early) and Eaves detail SIPS

My erectors are currently building my SIPS roof on the ground in cassettes then they will lift single bigger sections onto the roof with the crane there - which is fine and I'm ok with. But they are fitting the roofing membrane on these sections (laid horizontally and lapped towards the top as it should be) and then will lap it over the adjacent cassette joining sections, with the required horizontal lap. I was questioning this being ok as then there are these vertical joins which albeit would be similar to if you finished a roll then starting the next but should I be worried about this, I have asked them and they say it's the norm for them. 

This has raised questions for me on the SIPS fascia detail which I need to move along quickly so roofers can start. See drawings below which I sketched up - I have a few queries I ned help with:

It's slates mounted on battens then counter battens (the English way, but done in Scotland!).

Gutter detail omitted for clarity, membrane not shown either but theoretically it laps over the eaves protector.

1)Does this detail look right?

2) Does the over fascia vent go above or below the eaves protector? (I've seen it shown below, but that wouldn't make sense in this instance as it would be venting that small space only)

3) If the roofing membrane is already laid - do I pull it up back up to the counter batten then stick the eaves protector underneath, or do I just tape on a new bit of membrane so the water can run onto the eaves protector? or just tape the eaves protector down to the membrane?

any guidance appreciated

image.thumb.png.cd33bb0744deacee5ad9005d8ddc7226.png

image.thumb.png.502f6e73d37bc11a6abb5bba07d7c386.png

2 - vent goes above the eaves protector because in this case you're ventilating between the membrane and the tiles. When you've seen it *below* the eaves protector it's because that's a different type of roof construction

3 - eaves protector *underneath* the membrane, so that any water that runs down the membrane flows onto the eaves protector and into the gutter. Hopefully they've left the membrane at the bottom long enough for it nicely overlap the eaves protector. If not you'll have to insert another length of membrane at the bottom *underneath* the one above. 

1 - logically that all looks right to me, but I have build 0 roofs out of SIPS panels. You look like you have a good grasp of it though. 

Looks about right to me. I have done exactly one SIPS roof, to a very similar way to your drawings.

Would agree that fillets to support the eaves protectors are a good plan. I made mine from the offcuts from the splines.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dnb said:

Would agree that fillets to support the eaves protectors are a good plan. I made mine from the offcuts from the splines

Thanks. I didnt think it would have needed tilting fillets. I thought the tray itself would have been stiff enough to support it that point.

14 hours ago, SuperJohnG said:

I thought the tray itself would have been stiff enough to support it that point.

I initially thought that. Then I left a tray out in the sun accidentally and it turned into an interesting shape!