Porcelain prices

What sort of prices should I be looking at for floor tiles. 

Currently looking at 1200x600 porcelain at £39 a metre, with a 15% discount for the quantity I need. 

Anybody found any deals. 

Not interested in out of square Chinese rubbish.

But would like to find if there’s any deals to be had.  

We paid £45 for branded 1200x600x14mm including delivery (from italy).  https://www.cottodeste.com/collection/limestone

Initial prices i had for these was €30+delivery in italy. £98 from London showroom. Shopped around and found £75, then shopped around more and got £60, then started  negotiating (knowing what price in Italy was) and got them down to £45 including delivery.  I can’t believe the margins that exist in resale of tiles in U.K.!!

Edited by Dan F
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

Very nice looking products - are you using the non-adhesive mat instead of adhesive? I do like the sales pitch but maybe I won't like the price ?

Hadn't seen the mat.  We're using mostly 14mm on floors including the patio outside.  We're using kerlite for bathroom walls, and a couple of bathroom floors, all with standard tile adhesive though. The kerlite stuff is more expensive than the standard tiles.

One of the bathrooms is https://www.blustyle.it/ (this is Cotte De Este's second cheaper brand).  These (bluetech) were cheaper at £23.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tiles look great.  I'm looking for something very similar for inside and outside and have some steps to deal with.  Maybe a dumb question but how do you go about ordering direct?   Are there minimum quantities?

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/06/2021 at 09:37, cbk said:

Maybe a dumb question but how do you go about ordering direct?   Are there minimum quantities?

Not sure as not done it. But one way of getting closer to direct is by going via an italian retailer.  The italian retailers work on much lower margins then in U.K.

On 08/07/2021 at 21:11, Dan F said:

Not sure as not done it. But one way of getting closer to direct is by going via an italian retailer.  The italian retailers work on much lower margins then in U.K.

Ah this could be an idea.  I already reached out to the Italian manufacturer in the link posted by Dan F but they directed me back to a UK distributor so I'm still looking at the crazy prices usually quoted in UK.  So how do you find an Italian retailer willing to ship overseas?

Just realised I may have misunderstood the thread.  I had assumed you got best price going direct to Italy but maybe it was more about negotiating best price for supply through UK distributors based on knowledge of Italian supply market.

Edited by cbk
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 10/07/2021 at 22:10, cbk said:

Just realised I may have misunderstood the thread.  I had assumed you got best price going direct to Italy but maybe it was more about negotiating best price for supply through UK distributors based on knowledge of Italian supply market.

That was the original plan yes and I did have a couple of italian suppliers I'd found, but it got more complex post-brexit and our main contractor wasn't interested in buying from europe with increased uncertainty/paperwork.  So in the end, rather than purchase from Italy I fought to get best price possible in U.K.

I'm sure there are suppliers in italy that would be willing to sell to U.K, but I'm unsure if they'd necesarily want to deal with delivery, or if that would be up to you to arrange. @Balraj Appadu got all his stuff from Italy, I think post-brexit.