Porcelain tile, manufacturer tolerance

Starting to look at floor tiles. 

Porcelain 1200x600.

What sort of discrepancy should I look for over the length of the tile, I want to make sure I pick a good one and not a load that turn up like bananas. 

Should they be mm perfect over the 1200 distance. 

Most im looking at are from Italy, is that a good starting point. 

Ta very mucho.  

Italian stuff is about as good a standard as you’ll get tbh. “Rectified” tiles are as flat, regular, and as flawless as you can get hold of, but not one I’ve come across yet are perfect. 
At 1200mm you can bend a porcelain tile, same at 600, believe it or not, so for that size of tile using a lot of the levelling spacer / clips will give you a billiard table for sure. All down to the tiler, but with Justin having done the screed A1 the job should be a relatively easy ride.

Just upset the tiler and tell him your going for a herringbone pattern. ?

A big question will be to ask if the tiles are directional, eg have arrows on the back which all need to face the same way. A lot of rectified tiles are 2 tiles cut from 1 ‘master’ tile, just look on the back of a typical 600x300 and you’ll see a ribbon around the edge that goes 3 sides around but the 4th ( usually the length ) can clearly be seen to have been a cut and polished edge eg it started off as a 600x602. 
If it’s a polished tile you’ll need a tiler with off the chart OCD, but if satin or Matt / other non-reflective finish then you’ll be fine with a regular decent tiler. 
Levelling clips will bend the tiles, but get / see some samples and look how good they are before signing up. 

Also, remember with a big order you either need to get the same batch number, or get odd batches put into different rooms / quantities to suit. 

• Like 1