Demolition - method statement - does anyone have one?

Hi,

Just about to start a demolition next week and have just learned (doh!) that in addition to needing planning approval and building regs you also separately need to send a demolition notice to the council!

Has anyone done a "method statement" for one of these which they could send me as an example? I imagine it is an incredibly simple thing - this is just a small bungalow which is being knocked down so I imagine it should be straighforwward.

Thanks!

Method statements can be very simple, just write briefly how the work will be done, by hand or machine? is there any possibility of debris falling onto pavements, roads etc. working at height? damage to services? access for emergency vehicles if needed? first aider? etc etc.

If you give more info on what the works are and then your outline MS we can take a look and give pointers

40 minutes ago, SeanCrowley said:

Hi,

Just about to start a demolition next week and have just learned (doh!) that in addition to needing planning approval and building regs you also separately need to send a demolition notice to the council!

Has anyone done a "method statement" for one of these which they could send me as an example? I imagine it is an incredibly simple thing - this is just a small bungalow which is being knocked down so I imagine it should be straighforwward.

Thanks!

I have one here that was sent from a Demo Company to a LA - PM me your email address and I will send it to you.

You will need to re-write it obviously.

5 hours ago, SeanCrowley said:

Hi,

Thanks!

you only need to notify the council that demolition is taking place. 

The paperwork exercise is entirely up to you and how long you take to drop the building.

When I did it, notified council to discharge legal responsibility and building down in a day. really didn't have time for lots of typing and paperwork.

To save me the legwork of looking at all of these, does any of them say - 'just drive the forks through it a few times'? Kind of what I was thinking on the next site when the time comes - the big ones (mine is a 535-140) are a bit of a Tiger Tank when it comes to structure!  Thankfully have yet to test it vs structure on my current site!

• 6 months later...