Luxaflex Blinds for Tilt and Turn Windows

Despite wanting to wait til the window ledges were painted we couldn't get on any longer without blinds in the bedroom and office.

We decided on Luxaflex as we didn't like the perfect fit profile and Luxaflex has a very slim fit into the window. They weren't cheap and we didn't choose particularly expensive fabric.

Three blackout bottom up, top down blinds for bedrooms W129*drop 93. Two non blackout blinds for office and lounge top down and bottom up (w86*drop 98, and w129 x drop 98). One fixed lounge window, top hung only (matching the other lounge window) around 2.3m in width. 

Six blinds in total were £1790 including fitting. We had a few different Luxaflex distributors quote, including looking at fitting them ourselves and Love Your Blinds were cheaper than going down the DIY route.

Some pics below. The top up, bottom down is great for us, particularly being in a bungalow. Love the fact we can let light into some rooms at the top by having them lift up from the bottom giving us privacy - great in dressing room as it let's natural light in but you can block off the bottom (good if you need natural light for make up, hair etc) but aren't fully dressed!! Also work well in the office as you can block out particular sections of sun without having the blinds fully up or down.

IMG_20210614_194243.thumb.jpg.980482fb06acd0bd9131bcf332c499ad.jpg

IMG_20210614_194228.thumb.jpg.7106b905c05689b44c2c2588a407ac2d.jpg

IMG-20210614-WA0009.thumb.jpeg.420faa6d8994a15defe540e389c409af.jpeg

This is the lounge blind that is top hanging in a fixed window to match the one above that's a tilt and turn window. They are the same colour it's the sun! They are a sort of brown/grey.

IMG_20210614_194203.thumb.jpg.ed701ccbc7b46ba78f3e3e24f4007d14.jpg

Edited by canalsiderenovation
  • Like 4

13 hours ago, canalsiderenovation said:

We decided on Luxaflex as we didn't like the perfect fit profile and Luxaflex has a very slim fit into the window. They weren't cheap and we didn't choose particularly expensive fabric.

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I don't recall seeing these in my searches for blinds options last year.

How do you find the blockout blinds? Are they close to 100% light blocking?

22 minutes ago, jack said:

Very interesting, thanks for sharing. I don't recall seeing these in my searches for blinds options last year.

How do you find the blockout blinds? Are they close to 100% light blocking?

You do get some light at the top and bottom but it's massively improved my sleep and one reason we had to get them sorted sooner rather than later as I was waking up at 4am! I have just taken this pic at 10am so the sun is beaming. The blackout ones have a kind of foil in the middle of that makes sense.

IMG_20210615_100009.thumb.jpg.19a5464c1b573a06641e31215053b102.jpg

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, canalsiderenovation said:

You do get some light at the top and bottom but it's massively improved my sleep and one reason we had to get them sorted sooner rather than later as I was waking up at 4am!

We're having that issue at the moment. I'm thinking about getting these for my son's east-facing bedroom. Even though we have external blinds, some light does get through the cracks, and he ends up waking up early than would otherwise be the case. I think something like this would block nearly all of that leaked light.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jack said:

We're having that issue at the moment. I'm thinking about getting these for my son's east-facing bedroom. Even though we have external blinds, some light does get through the cracks, and he ends up waking up early than would otherwise be the case. I think something like this would block nearly all of that leaked light.

Comparing them to the curtains we have in the guest bedroom over a patio door (also blackout) they let light in at the top and bottom but we didn't want curtains in the bedrooms as the pole would have had to be far too long for the window size.

IMG_20210615_102309.thumb.jpg.722daeb5c187972904c6ba28d7a97f69.jpg

1 minute ago, canalsiderenovation said:

Comparing them to the curtains we have in the guest bedroom over a patio door (also blackout) they let light in at the top and bottom but we didn't want curtains in the bedrooms as the pole would have had to be far too long for the window size.

Curtains are another option we're considering, although blinds seem a neater option.

I couldn't immediately see which Luxaflex model/type you have on the Love Your Blinds or Luxaflex websites. Are they from the Duette range?

4 minutes ago, jack said:

Curtains are another option we're considering, although blinds seem a neater option.

I couldn't immediately see which Luxaflex model/type you have on the Love Your Blinds or Luxaflex websites. Are they from the Duette range?

Yes it's the Luxaflex Tru-Fit Duette ones. Whereabouts are you - if you're in the Midlands/North West then Love Your Blinds may come out to you.

• Thanks 1

Just now, canalsiderenovation said:

Yes it's the Luxaflex Tru-Fit Duette ones. Whereabouts are you - if you're in the Midlands/North West then Love Your Blinds may come out to you.

South East. It's fine, it's just good to have another option to look at. I can install them myself if need be.