Bitter and Twisted? Me? Nearly.

| have yet to find a way of sorting this out ..... all you experienced builders will have sorted it won't you ? Somehow? Cheaply, quickly, easily? 

20210613_120616.thumb.jpg.ba04c0f11df71e120767882a6fae023b.jpg

I find myself using the chalk line when I don't need to use it simply because its easy to use and much easier to store . I am ashamed to say that, on a few occasions now when the tangle is too creative, I just order a new line .

Anyone found an easy quick way of storing builders' line?

17 hours ago, SteamyTea said:

With your fingers, oh ....

Yeah, ? that's right - I can hardly feel string wrapped round my left hand : and  wierdly, the string that I can feel when its wrapped round my fingers, feels like it's on the back of my hand . Thats because  they took the skin off the back of my hand and wrapped it round the stump(s) and glued the skin to my palm. I genuinely have hairy palms. 

15 hours ago, JFDIY said:

And make sure it's significantly different (visually) to your chalk line so you don't have to check every time...

The thing about having male children visiting the site is that the phrase;

"Got a (...) old fella ? " means that, in the next few minutes petty larceny is likely. 

Yes @JFDIY , many of my key - precious even - tools are partly painted in lurid,  embarrassing colours, or wrapped in electrical tape. 

That reminds me, the site hoover is still Missing Presumed Dead, as is my Birmingham Screw Driver, ( crowbar) and several screwdrivers- you know the ones you've carefully stolen from other sites.