Solar velux window opening

Hi

I am looking at getting 4 velux windows - opening through a solar power 

As I understand it they all come with a switch to control opening and closing - instead of getting 4 is there a way of controlling them all by one switch / app etc etc.  I can’t imagine having 4 switches sitting on the wall 

They come with a group controller you address to all of the windows. That unit can, for one example, 'crack open' all of the windows if a certain set temperature is exceeded, eg for purging heat. That has buttons on it for group open / group close, as well as each window having its own dedicated controller. Any hint of rain, and they shut automatically.

I'm unsure of the compatibility with an App etc as these are not wifi units, but a quick call to Velux tech gurus would clear all this up in an instant. 

I was very impressed by them tbh, and I thought the cost was extremely good value for money.

Edited by Nickfromwales

I have 5 solar Velux working from a single remote - it is the digital version with a screen, I have a few different programs set up to do different things.

I bought the digital version from Ebay as Velux no longer sell them - they are now selling for around £100 but I only paid £25 for it, Velux are pushing the phone / tablet app version that requires a hub box or the climate control box.

I do believe that you can pair the "Standard" open / close button remote to a number of windows - I have never used mine (I have 5 spare) 

Also I originally had 4 solar windows and 1 standard as we didn't think we would be opening it much - I bought the kit to convert it to solar - easy to do and the cost is about the same as paying the extra for the solar version.

• Thanks 1

I have 4 Velux Integra windows (240v) and six motorised blinds, bought in 2015. Blinds on the Integra windows plug in and get 12v power and control signal.

Each window came with a nifty wall mounted touch screen controller, I bought two KUX10 units to control the other two blinds which are on standard Velux windows - they come with a simple up/down remote but will talk to the  LCD controller.

You can pair any window to any controller (within their radio range) and set them up individually or in groups, have auto programs based on time etc. 

I have the controllers dotted around the house so I can work the windows from any floor.