Ordering from DIY-Kitchens

Adsibob

I’ve spent a VERY long time designing our kitchen and optimising it, using the DIY Kitchens online kitchen planner, which is a fairly clever API, that generally works quite well once you learn what it can and can’t do.

I’m finally ready to order the kitchen, and thought that given all the units and options I’ve chosen are saved on their system, it would be a matter of just checking out, filling in my details and paying. It seems that it is not possible. Turns out the API is just a beta software package and not linked to their ordering system. Instead, they are expecting me to order each unit individually on their website from scratch!

Has anybody else experienced this or am I missing something?

4 minutes ago, ProDave said:

That's just bonkers.  That would have me firing an email to the CEO of the company and say "the plans are there on your design tool if you want the business YOU convert that to an order."

Precisely. 

1 hour ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

You submit the plan to them for checking and then they come back with a trolley ready to hit buy, at least that’s what happened last year when I did mine

Okay, that’s good news. Thanks.  Couldn’t figure out how to do that on the website but will give them a call tomorrow morning.

On 13/06/2021 at 12:24, MikeGrahamT21 said:

You submit the plan to them for checking and then they come back with a trolley ready to hit buy, at least that’s what happened last year when I did mine

same here - any issues / advice was available then.  Really helpfull.

Also just to note, they will make suggestions to your plan if they think something could be better in their opinion, obviously have a think about it, but don't get swayed too much, how i designed it which is what i bought was far better than their suggestion.