General order list for blockwork

Our outer skin blockwork is scheduled for July/August, and ordering materials ahead of schedule considering shortages. Below is a list of materials I'm expecting to purchase. Have I missed anything?

Our construction is pretty typical - timber frame with 100mm block outer skin. In the main, block will be rendered, but other areas stone cladded.

Materials list
Block

B.Sand/cement/plasticiser

100mm DPC
Concrete sills

Steel lintels

Cavity wall ties for timber frame

Expansion ties

Have I missed anything - maybe sundries/consumables? There will also be strong-ties to fix the frame down, but these come with the kit.

• 1 month later...
On 11/06/2021 at 14:48, djcdan said:

Is anything required where block meets roof verge or soffit?

Has anyone ever used Compriband expanding foam tape to create a seal between top coarse of block and soffit? The contractor who is currently erecting our frame suggested it, but there aren't any suggestions online for this use case.

If not Compriband, what is used? Or is it just left as an open gap?

Not done a TF for a while but last few I did in block,bed joint reinforcement was required two courses below & above all openings to reduce likelihood of cracking. 
Couple of other bits off top of my head-

Brickfill (or similar) expansion joint foam on a roll (also used to put this at the eaves junction you mentioned.)

Coursing bricks for above & below openings. 

Compriband is a seriously good product, and used in very heavy civil engineering projects.

But you are not building a viaduct or dam.

If I remember it correctly it is oily and a bit messy, and takes a lot of effort to compress before insertion.

The only reasons I can see for you using it is that either there is a prediction of differential movement between wall and soffit,

OR the bricklayer has an issue with the coursing not working out

Re the latter , it should be possible to calculate the coursing so that there is a small infill of mortar, this can be raked back hard to form a solid infill.

then a timber fillet can be fixed over it.  

I'm just a bit suspicious of the need for compriband at all.

There are other memory foam tapes too, made for small gaps. Very handy at corners where nothing quite forms the seal . You do need to close it off.

Thanks @Brickie @Declan @saveasteading

25 minutes ago, Brickie said:

,bed joint reinforcement was required two courses below & above all openings

Ok, so will purchase enough of this to line openings two courses above doors and two course above and below windows.

26 minutes ago, Brickie said:

Brickfill (or similar) expansion joint foam on a roll

So a product like this can be used to fill the expansion joint and fill the gap between top block course and eaves/soffit?

34 minutes ago, Brickie said:

Coursing bricks for above & below openings.

I have common course brick for below DPC/bell cast. Can the brickie not cut the block to size for beneath and above openings? It has taken me six weeks to get block materials to site and the job is due to start next week, so not sure of the viability of bringing anything else in.

31 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Cavity fire sock if it's not put on by the timber frame company.

Yes, came with the frame and already installed ?

27 minutes ago, saveasteading said:

Compriband is a seriously good product, and used in very heavy civil engineering projects.

Fair enough. Perhaps the frame erector saw it on a previous job where it was overspecified. It's quite costly so would be happy to install a more cost effective material that is more intended for our job.

5 hours ago, saveasteading said:

If I remember it correctly it is oily and a bit messy, and takes a lot of effort to compress before insertion.

I think the builder is referring to Compriband expanding foam tape which would be ideal for that purpose. It comes in different widths and thicknesses. The thickness size is for example 3/10 which means when rolled up it is 3mm thick and then it will expand to more than 10mm but if less than 10mm it will be air and watertight.

OK Interesting. I see that it is used in lighter construction than my experience. There seem to be  a lot of 'like compriband' products available. I have had something similar delivered with windows, and it is certainly very handy for filling gaps. 

I suggest ensure that the product selected  is suitable in UV and resistant to vermin, especially if out of sight, up high.

Whether it is the right thing to do, I leave to those who know more about brick to soffit connection. Is this a standard procedure?