Permission for 2 Storey Extension

Jamil

Hi, 

We are planning a two storey extension and we were offered pre-planning advice from our local council Newham so we took them up on the offer but due to the lack of details my architect supplied the planning person has come back with lots of suggestions, which I feel we can address but unfortunately they are very slow in responding and i’d like to move faster and get the actually planning application in.

• My architects original documentation - attached below 'Arch 1.... and Arch 2.....'
  • This was the original response from the pre-planning consultant - attached below 'pre-application...'
  • This is was my response to the pre-planning consultant based on his suggestions - attached below as 'applicants response..'

Do you feel if I were to go ahead with the full planning persimmon for the two storey extension, based on my response to the consultants suggestions that it would be likely I would be granted approval ?

Any assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Arch 1_Planning A.png

Arch 2_Rear Elevation .png

Pre-Application Council Decision.png

applicants_response.png

Applicant's_Response_to_Newham_Council_Pre-Planning_application_05062021.pdf

Edited by Jamil
readable format for applicants response.

I'd exercise an option to have 1st floor addition full width, by rotating the 1st floor bathroom 90 deg and extending slightly the bedroom, so it still have access to light (maybe even incease the size of the window).That will allow to blend with the roof better (less flat roof)and possibly address the issue they have with the form of it (with imho is ugly too). You mentioned future dormer roof, that would give you an option to go beyond existing rear wall with its depth (subject to planning and headroom available, maybe do some sketches now?)

Do you need both bath and shower?

Not concerning planning I'd also ditch the bifold idea - I assume flat roof joists sit on the walls, for 3 panel bifolds you would still need and extra steel above. For negligible effect of bifolds in 3m wide opening you'll spend a lot to make it work and more than 95% of time open one panel only. It doesn't seem that you have some lovely views there neither.