Is this quote reasonable for Boiler & UVC supply & install?

Hilldes

Got a quote from a professional for all Gas Safe and G3 work - I'll do all UFH and hot and cold feeds to bathrooms and waste.  Is this a reasonable price? I was expecting nearer £5K.

This is the pro scope of work [I have put in the materials costs]:

1. Supply and install Worcester bosh 35kw 8000 system boiler . [Materials circa £1,400 inc VAT]
  2. Supply and install Worcester bosh flue system. [Materials circa £300 inc VAT]
  3. Supply and install Worcester bosh boiler buddy . [Materials circa £140 inc VAT for Fernox Boiler-Buddy]
  4. Supply and install 3 two port zone valves .
  5. Supply and install 300 l pressurised cylinder. [Materials assumed £1K max inc VAT]
  6. Supply and install copper pipe work and fittings .
  7. Install boiler and run new pipe work to cylinder and underfloor heating mainifolds . Run hot and colds too ends of were the client has left them by cylinder.
  8. Run new gas underground pipe to be put in too ducting . [Meter in detached garage to plant room - 8m run via existing 100mm yellow ducting. Plant room to kitchen island 6m run in existing 100mm yellow ducting]

Cost quoted for above supply and install is £7,800 zero rated for VAT.

Noting that these are excluded: 

1. Client to supply [and install] manifolds for underfloor heating.
  2. Client to pipe underfloor heating pipe work .
  3. Client to pipe hot and colds and waste to bathrooms.

I've not costed all the copper pipework and sundries etc, but assuming this is no more than £500, looks like materials costs to be supplied in total will be circa £3,340 inc VAT]

Just now, Hilldes said:

In Surrey @Adsibob.  It was meant to be a good price. Are you doing parts of this yourself? Mine is really just the boiler, UVC and gas supplies with me supplying and installing the rest.

I think for Surrey that isn’t too bad. I’m doing nothing. We got quoted something like £20k to replumb an entire 5 bed 3 bathroom plus a WC, new UFH everywhere (3 floors) new boiler, cylinder, buffer tank, water softener, screed on one floor, special boards on the others  etc. I can’t remember the breakdown exactly, but the elements you’ve quoted are similar or slightly less than the equivalent elements on ours. But you could always try negotiating down. I did, and was surprised how quickly figures come down sometimes.

If the quality is there on the workmanship then that sound fine to me. 
Self builders can be a dangerous bunch wrapping themselves up with day rates and “what could I get it done for” / “how much more discount can we push this for” etc and the honest answer at that stage is buyer beware.

Paying a reasonable sum for a good job is value for money. Read some of the horror stories about poor installations and the cost of retrospective repairs and consider what you feel is important. ;) 

8 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

If the quality is there on the workmanship then that sound fine to me. 
Self builders can be a dangerous bunch wrapping themselves up with day rates and “what could I get it done for” / “how much more discount can we push this for” etc and the honest answer at that stage is buyer beware.

Paying a reasonable sum for a good job is value for money. Read some of the horror stories about poor installations and the cost of retrospective repairs and consider what you feel is important. ;) 

Thanks @Nickfromwales. Good to know it’s in the right ball park. I’m happy to pay a reasonable price for a quality job.

I’ve asked for a split of costs labour/materials and how any days on site.

Out of interest, how many days work would you estimate for this job?

48 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Approximately x number of pieces of string ;)  

Definitely consistent with my experience of the building industry! Just had a delivery today off the wrong replacement for the wrong part that was delivered a month ago. Supplier has apologised (again) for making the same mistake as last time. Beggars belief!