Down time

One of the sites we are on have struggled like most places to get trades 

They where let down by two bricklaying gangs 13 tubs of premix had to be thrown in the skip

Monday a three gang arrived No mortar till today 

Rather than risk loosing them the company has paid two days waiting time  £1800 

There’s no real sign of things slowing down 

Wish we got paid for the days spent waiting about years ago. We just loaded out the house with bricks and blocks and got everything ready. 

Or I helped out where ever else jobs needed done on site. Its how I learned most of the jobs to a good enough standard to be able to do my house when the time come .

Our stud wall / MF ceilings guy is ghosting us, one week before starting on site. And he came highly recommended, and seemed dead sound. We will then lose our spark that we've lined up two months ago. Suppliers have taken payments for goods and two weeks later nothing has arrived on site. No insualtion, no roof laths, no ventilation ducting. Windows are now looking like late July or august, rather than the promised mid May. Probably £8k between them. Excluding the windows which is double again. Promises, promises.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Thedreamer said:

Did they just not have two days of holiday pay?

Auto enrolment pension contributions and SSP are not great benefits for employees.

No they got paid what they were due 

They are three scouters 

and one said to the site manager 

You had one thing to do and you F####d that up 

Sort us some cash Or we'll trap ?

Its depressing how fooked up everything is now. COVID has shagged everyone with the closures affecting supply chains and that coupled with the building industry going mental has screwed the market up.

I feel sorry for those just starting, the pain is real. I'm closer to the end than the beginning but paying 50 quid for a sheet of 18mm sucks ass.