Party wall insurance - any top recommendations?

Has anyone taken out party wall insurance? We've agreed with our attached neighbour to take this out to give them peace of mind while we build our extension and renovate our house, which is attached to theirs. We have a Party wall Agreement in place with them and they are very amenable. This type of insurance seems like a bit of a niche product" I've got a quote as an add-on to my quote for site insurance from Protek. It doubles the price of the premium and I'm having difficulties getting a clear picture of what it actually covers. Would love to hear if anythone else has bought party wall insurance from other providers and whether as part of site insurance or a separate policy.

Many thanks in advance

Most contractors insurance covers third party damage.  Are you hoping to insure against damage only to a party wall?  The standard contractors policy would cover the whole of the land and buildings as well as people, pets etc.

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

Most contractors insurance covers third party damage.  Are you hoping to insure against damage only to a party wall?  The standard contractors policy would cover the whole of the land and buildings as well as people, pets etc.

Looking to cover the whole of the neighbouring property - I guess in extremis, if everything goes horribly wrong with our build, given that they're attached, we could knock their house down!!! More likely is causing cracks etc to appear in their walls, ceilings. As ever, I'm finding the insurance area a bit of a minefield - lots of exclusions on the liability of contractors etc. To complicate things further, we don't have a main contractor as my partner is doing that role ...

• 10 months later...