How to get my stair design to comply with regs?

Adam2

We have a bit if a feature staircase coming from a lounge area into a multi-use kitchen/dining/relaxing area

The original architect design was a straight run of uniform stairs but we'd like the bottom step to be much wider - same rise. Our BC chap indicates this won't be compliant. This is what we're looking to aim for and below is  mock up of the side view. We can tweak things if needed but would like to get something like this - I guess worst case we could always do a simple run of stairs and after sign-off modify them? 

Beneath the stairs will be a small room so the stair width helps this to be more usable.

Thanks for suggestions

image.thumb.png.c4c203a4a4c716f1e8e8c392e9e58a60.png

image.thumb.png.666bb48931782108c2a74fd30e1b1a16.png

image.png.9a4093d4a521c0a6ac9df59d833f9286.png

48 minutes ago, Russell griffiths said:

What was his reasoning that it wouldn’t comply. 

May be able to swing it if 900 deep first step as that would match the width of a "regular" staircase 

• 2 weeks later...

I believe that back in the Victorian times they used to make One of the stair rises about an inch higher than the rest. The occupants would quickly get used to it, and would stomp up and down the stairs without noticing it. I believe the idea behind it was that the man with the swag bag would stumble on the stairs and rattle your silver. This would wake you up, and you could come out of your room and shout bounder. I personally like what you are trying to do, so do what you need to get it passed, and then alter it.

• Haha 2