Wall Insulation

I want to begin looking at converting my garage and knocking into the kitchen to extend. I understand that walls between heated rooms do not necessarily require insulating although the wall to the outside will. I have used a hole saw into the plasterboard to try and find insulation although there is none. First question would be what sort of insulation would be required to pass building control? Since the walls have been sheeted and taped I was looking into the option of filling the cavity with poly beads. Any thoughts.

20170306_154109.jpg

20170306_154118.jpg

20170306_154143.jpg

Edited by CRIG84
add pictures

Welcome...

So is that the inner side of the outer brick, or the inner side of the inside cavity wall...??

If that is to be habitable then you will need to get to a wall u-value of 0.28 which just filling that gap with poly beads will not achieve from the first look. It may be quicker and cheaper to rip the inner skin of plasterboard down and build a stud wall assuming that is only a single brick skin as you will also have to sort the vapour barrier.

What are you planning on doing on the floor assuming there is a level difference between the garage and the existing house..?

Thanks for the reply. Yes what is pictured is just the inside of the garage into the wall. Being a compete novice I may have been incorrect in calling it a cavity. If I was to rip the plasterboard back, what would you recommend insulating with to achieve the .28? The floor also is lower than the house so I have been looking at building a timber subfloor and insulating below? thanks