Epoxy Resin Flooring

Ralph

26 minutes ago, Ralph said:

I've been looking at https://www.watco.co.uk/products/epoxy-resin-floor-paint for the garage floor as it's not too expensive, has anyone used it? A mate has told me to avoid water based epoxy like this but I'm not sure why.

Depends on what you are wanting the paint to do and how you will use your garage. Water based paints are easy to apply, no special precautions etc. and will stop all the dust and provide a nice clean finish. Buy really needs to be on clean concrete to `soak` in a bit.

If you are going to do a lot of maneuvering and tyre scrubbing or use the area as a workshop then a water based finish will deteriorate fairly quickly.

Edited by markc

11 minutes ago, markc said:

Depends on what you are wanting the paint to do and how you will use your garage. Water based paints are easy to apply, no special precautions etc. and will stop all the dust and provide a nice clean finish. Buy really needs to be on clean concrete to `soak` in a bit.

If you are going to do a lot of maneuvering and tyre scrubbing or use the area as a workshop then a water based finish will deteriorate fairly quickly.

Concrete is very clean, no problems there. I can't imagine the car will be in there very often to be honest. it will be more used as a workshop and occasional home office. 

41 minutes ago, Ralph said:

Concrete is very clean, no problems there. I can't imagine the car will be in there very often to be honest. it will be more used as a workshop and occasional home office. 

In that case the water based paint will be fine ... and its easy to re coat or patch up if needed, unlike the resin based stuff