Gurgling Sink...

Trw144

So, after 4 1/2 years I have a sink that has started to gurgle. I have put a drain snake down the waste - all seems fine, and I have just been up in the roof and rodded the vent pipe - again seems fine (although the soil vent stack is the opposite side of my bathroom to the sink so I do wonder if it's on its own AAV - I need to dig out my plans to check on this). The issue doesn't appear to be anywhere else in the house so I am scratching my head a bit - is this likely to be a blocked drain issue, or a blocked soil vent issue? Any pointers appreciated. 

1 hour ago, Mr Punter said:

Yes this is normally the drain or the AAV.  Lift a manhole lid.

Right, so drains were a little blocked (the joys of a son who thinks sixty big rolls per dump is about right). Drains cleared but ironically the drain on which the gurgling sink is connected isn't seemingly blocked. The gurgling sound remains!

I have found that if the drainage system gets blocked it can have a knock-on effect further upstream as the pipework seems to get out of kilter.

We have had blockage in the main below ground run and if it backs up it can mess with other properties even after the downstream blockage is cleared.

You son requires some "education"...