Help settle an argument- room layout

See attached- this is the living room in the 1970s bungalow we are refurbishing.

Quite a nice view out the window, woodburning stove opposite. We are renovating the fireplace so the stove could be shifted around a little bit. There's even an argument for getting rid of it entirely, as the house will be on the holiday rental market and it means less cleaning and hassle. But people do love a real fire.

The room is 4.8m long and 3.6m wide.

Curious how the hive-mind would arrange this room. It needs to sit four people and have space for a TV. SWMBO and I have come up with completely different ideas on it ?

Thanks

Living room.jpg

The stove needs to move to the bottom right corner, tv in bottom left corner, seating along the top wall looking at the stove, view and tv.

I suspect you might have been looking for a less radical solution.

If you do that, put a new twin wall flue for the stove, and ditch the old chimney and knock out the fireplace to widen the room.

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1

Haha yes that's a bit radical I'm afraid. Stove is definitely not moving. At a pinch the door could move but even that is more work than we want to be taking on. Looking to be wrapping up in about four weeks...