10cm wide copper roll

markharro

I need about 20m or so to complete an uplighter detail so for internal use and it needs to be thin enough to be malleable. Searching online just seems to produce craft supplies at crazy prices. Can anyone suggest a source at a reasonable price? thanks

12 minutes ago, markharro said:

I need about 20m or so to complete an uplighter detail so for internal use and it needs to be thin enough to be malleable. Searching online just seems to produce craft supplies at crazy prices. Can anyone suggest a source at a reasonable price? thanks

Do you need it in a complete roll? If not, I'd call a local metal stockholder and ask them to cut some sheet into strips for you. Otherwise, some roof merchants hold 0.6mm coil used for copper flashing. You might have to spend an afternoon on the phone. Both these sources will be better than craft suppliers on price.

28 minutes ago, SimonD said:

Otherwise, some roof merchants hold 0.6mm coil used for copper flashing

I am pretty sure that 0.6 would be more than thick enough. It is going to be screwed on to supporting battens along the top of the wall. I need 4 lengths - 2 of around 6m and 2 around 3m.

At the price quoted for 0.9mm it looks like 20m worth is going to be around £300 at that guage but I think in any event that would be too thick for the purpose as I need to be able to bend it easily to cater for the undulations in the (lime) wall.

Thanks for the advice - will try roofing merchants - it is a long shot but can anyone recommend any good ones in or near Edinburgh?

On 27/05/2021 at 12:48, markharro said:

I am pretty sure that 0.6 would be more than thick enough. It is going to be screwed on to supporting battens along the top of the wall. I need 4 lengths - 2 of around 6m and 2 around 3m.

At the price quoted for 0.9mm it looks like 20m worth is going to be around £300 at that guage but I think in any event that would be too thick for the purpose as I need to be able to bend it easily to cater for the undulations in the (lime) wall.

Thanks for the advice - will try roofing merchants - it is a long shot but can anyone recommend any good ones in or near Edinburgh?

Burton Roofing in Livingston have copper in stock usually.