Through Ventilation

Only me again overthinking what I need to do…… ?

If all goes to plan SIP structure should be up ready for follow on trades by 1st July. I am going to clad the outside with part render board / render and part metal. I have asked before if I should get the roof (standing seamed) installed before cladding most people say clad first? Surely I need to ensure there is a ventilation gap bottom and top so that would mean having the standing seam roof installed along with soffits then batten / clad up to it leaving a ventilation gap? Anyone done this, am I right?

I roofed first (also SIP structure) and then battened the SIP walls for my cedar cladding ensuring ventilation via linear a soffit at the top. I also ensured I had ventilation at the top of all windows/windows so that there wasn't any part of SIP wall that had any 'dead areas'. So I think roofing first, then cladding and then finishing off with the soffits is the easiest way to do it.

5 minutes ago, Ryan Bazeley said:

Very nice! Have you gone all timber cladding or any render system??

The old part of the house (cavity wall) will have EPS with render - items to be sourced from EWIstore. The SIPs house extensions are all cedar however.