Planning officer nightmare

AliG

• 3 weeks later...

We had some friends round the other day - one is a lawyer and one is a planning officer!

The lawyer recommended that before I put in a complaint I request some of our planning file under the Environmental Information (S) Regs 2004. This is somewhat like a FOI request and forces them to give me the planning files to see what they have been up to particularly as regards whether or not they ever actually consulted Scottish Water.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AliG said:

We had some friends round the other day - one is a lawyer and one is a planning officer!

The lawyer recommended that before I put in a complaint I request some of our planning file under the Environmental Information (S) Regs 2004. This is somewhat like a FOI request and forces them to give me the planning files to see what they have been up to particularly as regards whether or not they ever actually consulted Scottish Water.

Why not just get the whole thing under FOI?

I was wondering that, she seemed to think that this legislation made it harder for them to avoid answering us.

As an aside the guy who is a planning officer is currently dealing with 80 cases and it is a real struggle. He does not work in Edinburgh. I feel for these guys, it is a hard and necessary job and we have dealt with other officers in the past who have been very helpful and proactive, but not this one specific officer. The architect has dealt with him twice and both times have been a nightmare.