Steel mesh spacers

My 300mm slab has two meshes in it, which need a min 50mm cover.

The bottom mesh is to be set on 50mm castles above the blinding.

The question I have is what spacer to use to get the 200mm space needed so the top mesh doesn't sag.

Any ideas?

Tony is correct with the product but you won't want 200mm ones as with 50mm cover top and bottom a 200mm spacer and the depth of 2 layers of mesh and the overlaps you'd be out through the top of the concrete. 150mm spacers would be loads for that. And even then use flying end mesh to avoid issues at corners with 4 way overlaps.

• Like 1

What size is the mesh? At the corners you might need to Nick the corners of the top  2 of the 4 overlapping sheets. For the spacers on the bottom I'd use mars bars far easier and better the others will just overturn

Screenshot_20210523-144842_Chrome.jpg

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Ronan 1 said:

What size is the mesh?

2.4 x 4.8m lower A1131, upper A393, those mars bars look a much better solution for the reasons you give, how many of those bars would you have per m2 of mesh?

image.png.e76c7987b9ed0e347b10865ea78ae472.png

Edited by Moonshine

3 minutes ago, Moonshine said:

2.4 x 4.8m lower A1131, upper A393, those mars bars look a much better solution for the reasons you give

image.png.e76c7987b9ed0e347b10865ea78ae472.png

Definitely need to take the corners of at least the top sheet of A393 but more than likely the top 2  your detail even mentions that fact.just lay them as is and you'll know exactly what you need to cut then and it's easy to cut in place

Yeah the MARS bars are all I'd use for bottom layer they are the right tool for the job, you can break them up by hand as required too.

Screenshot_20210523-153336_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ronan 1 said:

Yeah the MARS bars are all I'd use for bottom layer they are the right tool for the job, you can break them up by hand as required too.

how many bars would you set out per m2 of mesh?