UFH pipes pulling up

MortarThePoint

I was pleased to get the keep outs, edge strip and membrane down

IMG_20210522_133441.thumb.jpg.b5f49dbc42e82b03631891ea26c61493.jpg

But unfortunately the UFH pipes are pulling up

IMG_20210522_173557.thumb.jpg.4f3886372fd33066e6de521ef2a27d2b.jpg

Any ideas as to how to solve this? I can't use anything that penetrates the green sheeting. It's not insulation underneath, it's concrete and, on ground floor, a gas membrane too.

Just a couple of concrete screws through the tracks will do it. It won’t cause any problems with the membrane - if you’re worried just a glob of LVT sealant under each hole to seal. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Just a couple of concrete screws through the tracks will do it. It won’t cause any problems with the membrane - if you’re worried just a glob of LVT sealant under each hole to seal. 

Would be OK upstairs but not with the gas barrier

1 hour ago, MortarThePoint said:

Would be OK upstairs but not with the gas barrier

Gas barrier is irrelevant - concrete isn’t gas porous and unless you’ve built a sump etc and got positive pressure under the floor you won’t extract it anyway. If it worked the way you think it will be coming up the outside edges where you’ve turned them up the walls. 

• Like 1

Still living through this nightmare. I wish I'd gone with a pipe with an Aluminium layer as they seem to flex and hold better rather than coiling back up. Is that correct of 16mm Pert-Al-Pert?

I can use screws upstairs where there is no gas barrier, just the green sheeting. Downstairs I can't though. Nu-Heat sent a decoiler but it doesn't really help.

Does Wunda's 16mm Pert-Al-Pert pipe flex and hold?

Just screw them down a-la @PeterW’s advice!

Making holes in membranes is neither here nor there. Failing to keep your UFH pipes down on the deck will be a multiples of £1000 fcuk up with no chance of repair. 
Seriously…….

Just drill the 6mm hole for a concrete screw, then immediately prior to putting the screw home fill the hole top with sealant, smother the screw thread, wind it in, and repeat. 
This will be of zero detriment to any of the layers. 
Screw them down or prepare to fail. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Seem to recall that @oranjeboom had some issues where some pipes popped up through the concrete.

Yes, that was due to the guy pouring the concrete proving his total incompetence at this task (despite being recommended by an architect). Try and keep an eye on the pour if you're gettimg someone else to do that. My pipes were all tied down to wire mesh and filled with water so no excuses for the nightmare that unfolded.

11 hours ago, oranjeboom said:

Yes, that was due to the guy pouring the concrete proving his total incompetence at this task (despite being recommended by an architect). Try and keep an eye on the pour if you're gettimg someone else to do that. My pipes were all tied down to wire mesh and filled with water so no excuses for the nightmare that unfolded.

Did the mesh get pulled up then or the pipes detatch from the mesh?

On 01/06/2021 at 16:12, MortarThePoint said:

Gulp! You've a commendably philosophical outlook @oranjeboom

There's more to worry about in life!

On 01/06/2021 at 08:49, MortarThePoint said:

Did the mesh get pulled up then or the pipes detatch from the mesh?

No idea how the clutz managed to do it, but forced mesh and pipework to come up through the concrete. Then tried to cover up the shambles by trying to cover up the bits poking through with some more concrete on top...funnily enough I didn't end up with a very level finish....

• Like 1

Concreting is one of the most difficult jobs to get right.  Even if you are experienced and well set up it can catch you out.  Late delivery, pump gets blocked, wrong mix, wrong weather, not enough skilled labour, poker doesn't work, goes off too quickly / slowly.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Mr Punter said:

Concreting is one of the most difficult jobs to get right.  Even if you are experienced and well set up it can catch you out.  Late delivery, pump gets blocked, wrong mix, wrong weather, not enough skilled labour, poker doesn't work, goes off too quickly / slowly.

You missed out if I was doing it