Services laying on suspended ceiling bars

Conor

I've started my first fix plumbing by screwing my water pipes to the underside of the concrete floor slabs.  I spoke to the MF ceilings guy last week that suggested that plumbers and sparks just lay their services on the topside of the ceiling bars. These are about 1200mm.

I'm not sure about this. Would save me a shed load of work but doesn't seem very secure?

It feels like a bodge to lay on the bars without any other support, you could use cable tray on the bars to help, that would support them and might be quicker to install than drilling all that concrete, you can, obvs, also put cables on it. I have used this snake-tray stuff in the past, aluminum, very light and will easily span 1200mm even in the small sizes. https://etechcomponents.com/products/snake-tray-653-series-aluminium-cable-tray/ 

When we put the MF ceilings in All pipes ductings and wires are usually in there 

You could run wires on top of the MF But the edges are very sharp Mostly the wires are clipped roughly in place to the underside of the floor The electricians normally come back in for an hour to cable tie lights etc in position To the top of the MF prior to insulation and PB 

At 400 center's there really isn’t much room up there