DIY - beading a corner of a wall - can it be done by a novice!?

TryC

Hi All,

Is it possible for a complete novice to stick on some beading on a corner of a wall - like with some easifill or filler or even gorilla glue?! 

I had the plasterer in already and he beaded up all but two corners - which I didn't notice should be done to be honest - so hadn't actually asked him to do. I am thinking he will not come back just to that if I paid him.

So just looking at some workable alternatives that I could perhaps do myself?

Thanks in advance.

10 hours ago, nod said:

Yes a novice  can bead the corner with easi-Fil

Just butter both edges of the corner with filler Then gently tap the bead on and clean off the excess 

thank you! do you know what the beading is actually called? because when i searched on the orange shop for costs, all I got was a bunch of wooden corner beads for floors :(

10 hours ago, Roundtuit said:

Sorry, I don't fully understand; is the plasterer not coming back to plaster?

He wouldn't come back just to bead is what I mean.

He hasn't even come back with a quote to replaster a ceiling / just finished the job and left and didn't answer my follow up message about an additional paying job. I think not likely he will respond which is a shame because he is a  good plasterer.

26 minutes ago, TryC said:

thank you! do you know what the beading is actually called? because when i searched on the orange shop for costs, all I got was a bunch of wooden corner beads for floors :(

Skim beads for plasterboard Angle beads for brick