Recommended reading material?

House Builder Bible is a great start point

if i was you I’d find an old edition on fleabay to start with. Obviously the pricing will be out of date but you can allow for some inflation to build a budget. If it looks good buy the latest edition as a sanity check but bear in mind he uses pricing from his local area if I recall correctly.

No doubt someone will recommend other reading

As @Rogersp suggests, 'the bible' is a good book and each edition is different as it tends to cover different projects. I'd also ask what information you're after. Are you after something that gives an overview of the self-build process together with advice? And/or do you want more nitty gritty stuff like how a house is actually constructed together with more technical information?

For more detailed information you could take a look at The Construction of Houses or Building Construction Handbook

For something similar to House builder's bible, you could look at Self Build Simplified by Barry Sutcliffe

15 hours ago, Irish Rover said:

Hi all, I hope your well?

I’m just wondering if anyone has any reading recommendations for house building and or general construction? 

Thanks in advance. 

I have a copy of House Builders Bible, previous edition 12, 13 being latest which you can buy off me.

Make me an offer ?

It is heavy so post might be a bit, where are you?

1 hour ago, SteamyTea said:

I thought it was the one that was read from when drinking wine and breaking bread.

Oh, that’s where I’ve been going wrong then... On the plus side the timber delivery driver did say he will be praying for me.