Buying screed 2021

MortarThePoint

Is anyone else buying their screed at the moment? I'm typically being quoted about £350/m3+VAT installed based on 11m3 for Annydrite liquid screed, does that sound market rate? Not normally part of my daily shop, so less confident than some of the other commodity items.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, James Newport said:

£444+VAT installed for 2.8m3 in South Wales - Belitex liquid screed

That's a good price as most companies I have spoken to have a minimum price (aka 'get out of bed price') much higher than that . The companies I am talking to (nationwide, I'm near Cambridge) have an things along the lines of 'Initial charge 2m3' of £1200 and then a per m3 price on top.

Are you using a small independent contractor? That price is remarkably good.

They're not a national company, but not a one man band either. It's https://www.swconcretepumping.co.uk/. Their managing director still answers the phone a lot, so I'd say they're not a massive company!

They've never mentioned a minimum price, but that being said, I had 1m3 off for them for another floor last year, and that was getting close to £900, so there's some form of volume discount going on there. You get charged for how much wasted space there is in the truck apparently.

17 hours ago, James Newport said:

They've never mentioned a minimum price, but that being said, I had 1m3 off for them for another floor last year, and that was getting close to £900, so there's some form of volume discount going on there. You get charged for how much wasted space there is in the truck apparently

Sorry I confused now. You had 1m3 for £900 and 2.3m3 for £444. Those aren't per me prices are they?

On 18/05/2021 at 13:58, MortarThePoint said:

Is anyone else buying their screed at the moment? I'm typically being quoted about £350/m3+VAT installed based on 11m3 for Annydrite liquid screed, does that sound market rate? Not normally part of my daily shop, so less confident than some of the other commodity items.

I’m near Cambridge and pay my Screeder per m2 installed. I’ve moved over to the cement based, too many problems with annydrite and floor coverings. 

2 hours ago, DragsterDriver said:

I’m near Cambridge and pay my Screeder per m2 installed. I’ve moved over to the cement based, too many problems with annydrite and floor coverings. 

Did you mean to add a £ figure to that?

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know there were issues with annhydrite and floor coverings? Is that the laitance?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MortarThePoint said:

Did you mean to add a £ figure to that?

Oh that's interesting, I didn't know there were issues with annhydrite and floor coverings? Is that the laitance?

I can’t recall what I pay him without checking some invoices- but he’s good and reasonable.

the Laitence requires loads of prep and most tilers I know won’t touch it now, Even with the decoupling Matt etc. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, DragsterDriver said:

most tilers I know won’t touch it now, Even with the decoupling Matt etc. 

Wowser! @nod are you still brave enough?

33 minutes ago, DragsterDriver said:

but he’s good and reasonable.

Does he do the cement based for you too? Which one do you normally go with, still liquid?

If you'd be happy to pass on contact details of your Screeder that would be great (PM welcome)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MortarThePoint said:

Wowser! @nod are you still brave enough?

Does he do the cement based for you too? Which one do you normally go with, still liquid?

If you'd be happy to pass on contact details of your Screeder that would be great (PM welcome)

liquid cemex. I’ve forwarded his details over:)