Combined speaker and LED downlight

Temp

1 minute ago, Temp said:

This appeared in a trade mag sent to me a few weeks ago and it looks brilliant ..!  And then I looked at the website ....

It is £375 for a single unit, but it is seriously limited. It only works from the app, Alexa or HomeKit and has no way of manually turning it on ..! It needs permanent live wiring and whilst they say there is a matching light coming out, it will be £125.. each...

Average bathroom spec is 4-6 LEDs, so this would be £750-900 just for light and a single speaker.. that you would need to talk to to turn on and off or get your phone out to make work ...

Nice idea but .. 

I've got some posh Harmen Karden thing that is freestanding (Bit like a Late 70's boom box) My son in Law got it for me before he left the R and D dept. The retail cost is about £600 quid. I have not used it yet, but heard his. I doubt a combined ceiling light, cum speaker could match it. If a freestanding job fails, it can go in a bin and be easily replaced. One of those failing in a ceiling would be a right pain to swap out. (Trying to find something to fit the same size hole etc)