Soil removal costs

peteypops

I'm blocking out our build budget and am really struggling to get even vaguely consistent information on some subjects. Can anyone give me an rough estimate of how much per cubic meter it costs to remove normal uncontaminated clay soil from site. We are in the middle of the countryside in Caithness if that helps.

Cheers

Pete

We spent £9000 getting rid of 750 tons Four years ago 

I’m hoping to spend a bit less this time 

There’s a local farmer that says he will take a full load for £50 a time 

Don't know about you Scotties, but down south all the muck away lorries are loaded by weight not volume. The lorry goes BEEp BEEP when the weight is reached. So getting rid of dry spoil in the summer is much cheaper than wet spoil in the winter.  £350 + vat where i am for a load.

Hi,

I'm paying £22k for 1500 tons of removal from the center of town to a quarry. The site as it is doesnt allow the biggest lorries, so could be upwards fo 90x trips.

Contractor reccons it will take him 2-3 long days to get it done.

We are a site on a slope diggin into the hill.

Edit: OUr soil composition is a sort of shale/clay mix.

Edited by EquiumDuo

Suppose I should feel blessed I have 4 acres to hide soil. I have masses of top and subsoil on site but we have loads of space which we will end up using it to backfill around the house and level and landscape. 

I did have a guy uo the road (were rural) swing by and say if I needed to get rid of a it all I could dump over his field for free. 

I find it crazy much away costs so much. 

On 13/05/2021 at 15:19, peteypops said:

I'm blocking out our build budget and am really struggling to get even vaguely consistent information on some subjects. Can anyone give me an rough estimate of how much per cubic meter it costs to remove normal uncontaminated clay soil from site. We are in the middle of the countryside in Caithness if that helps.

Cheers

Pete

Go and visit all your local farmers. 

• Like 1

Thats not always possible, we had this chat too and had some potential candidates. BUT the haulers (who are independent contractors) wont haul from the center of town because if they get stopped (which happens around here) they dont have the right paperwork they get done. So all our stuff has to go to a quarry who can give us the right paperwork for disposal.

• 1 year later...