Partial conversion of Turkey Shed to office

This is my first post so please correct me if I have gone about this the wrong way.

By way of introduction I am embarking upon a self-build project on part of a farm in County Durham. Work commitments and my good wife will not allow me to be too hands on regarding the main build but being a farm there are other outbuildings which I do need to work on.

In essence, I need to convert a corner piece of an old turkey shed into a temporary office ( 1 - 2 years ) allowing me to work and be on site whilst the main build goes ahead.

The shed is pretty big, being about 30m x 12m, and is timber framed sitting together with a dwarf single skin wall. It was probably built in the 60's and has been left unused for at least 20 years. It is in reasonable condition apart from the gutter system has rusted away, allowing water to rot the wood in places. Also the roof has been damaged, probably by kids climbing on it. The roof was replaced about 10 years ago to aluminium ( I think ), as it was asbestos. Inside, there is a central concrete corridor with the side sections covered in paving slabs with sand underneath. However the first section on both sides is also concrete slab with studwork on  a dwarf wall separating it form the rest of the shed.

My thoughts are to utilise one of these side sections to make an office by way of an additional internal stud work and plaster board, with insulation and a DPM. This will need to be a heated space and have suitable ventilation to avoid condensation.

I am hoping to do this work myself and looking for advice on the best way to go about it. Apologies in advance for the barrage of questions which are about to follow.

Firstly I need to repair the exterior, starting with the damaged roof and was uncertain whether to go with a metal patch approach or some sort of mesh system ? The roof is dual skinned but it does not appear that the hole have gone through both. There about a dozen of these holes, which have probably caused by kids walking on it.

Once the guttering has been replaced I will focus on the repairing the wooden exterior and stud work. I have attached a picture showing an example of some of the rotten wood and each section seems to be one massive panel bolted in and not load bearing. I was thinking of cutting out and replacing the sill board ( not sure if that’s the right term ) but before I replace it I was thinking it might be best to lay the DPM along the floor and up and over the wall and then place the sill on top. I would then screw stud work alongside any rotten pieces. I assume I would cut away the remaining rotten wood about 2 inches above where it seems to end for good measure ?

I then need to repair the sheds panels cutting them away above the rotten pieces and then replacing then by way of mounting them on noggins behind ?

I have attached a crudely drawn a diagram how I see the internal structure happening but I am uncertain about the floor. The current concrete floor is level and in good condition, so I was wondering if there is any need to use studwork floor with insulation between. Is there such an insulation that a floor board covering can go directly on top ?

Can anyone recommend what insulation to use ? I am going to be using this space during the winter. Whilst cost is important, getting it right is more important.

At the open end of the space I intend to have more stud work with an external door scavenged from somewhere.

I was considering putting in an MEV on the wall to prevent condensation possible with an air vent located lower on an opposite wall ?

I appreciate I have included a hell of a lot of stuff here but I thought it was better to set out the scene clearly so people can hopefully advise and or comment. Sorry if it's too much.

Thanks in advance

Paul

Outside Front Shed - resized.jpg

Shed Inside full length - resized.jpg

Inside Shed and floor - resized.jpg

Shed Roof Holes - resized.jpg

Shed Inside Woodwork - resized.jpg

Layout and proposed structure.jpg