Wiltshire LA building control

WWilts

Building in Wiltshire and using private inspector. Service has been great as far as I’m concerned but then I don’t have much experience to compare to.

Chose private as Wiltshire planning were so incompetent that I didn’t want to risk anything like the same (I know they’re separate but I was cross at the time!). 

Also could use the same private inspector for our warranty - seems to have saved a lot of hassle. 

Edited by rbw
  • Like 1

Do you need a warranty ..??

If so, private will be cheaper when linked with a warranty inspection company. 

I don’t use LABC as around me they used to be atrocious for not turning up but I have now seen they have amalgamated 4 authorities BCs so that may now improve. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, WWilts said:

Relying on architect CML certificate in the first instance

List of mortgage companies will be limited with that, and if this is for sale in the near future (is that your plan..?) then I would get a recognised warranty  

Differences are here - and it’s pretty clear why mortgage companies don’t like these. 

https://cic.org.uk/admin/resources/cml-certificates.pdf

• Like 1

Having had a nightmare with Wiltshire planning we used their building control with some trepidation. No worries- they have been amazing , very pragmatic and helpful. Delighted to see a modern fabric first building - sent the students to look. Helpful during lockdown . Cheaper than private one 

• Like 1

On 12/05/2021 at 22:19, WWilts said:

Trying to decide between private inspector and Wiltshire LABC.

Anyone had particularly good or bad experiences with Wiltshire LABC, recently?

My sister used Wiltshire building control for a project and it was fine, no problems there.

• Like 1