Discharge Planning Conditions - how?

Mania

Helloooo...Good evening.

Our local authority have confirmed that as a homeowner I can apply to discharge planning conditions. I sent them the completed "Discharge Planning Conditions" form for their review and asked how to submit and I was told that the form is incorrect and  "you can make an application on the Planning Portal at www.planningportal.gov.uk where the reports can be uploaded and the fee paid". I have spent the past hour going round in circles on the website and and can't find where to submit. 

Please can someone help?

Our LA is Epping Forest DC. Thank you. 

I've just done one and it worked via the planning portal as you've described. Maybe try again tomorrow or call them in case it's not working properly? You can submit paper copies if all else fails. 

58 minutes ago, Jilly said:

I've just done one and it worked via the planning portal as you've described. Maybe try again tomorrow or call them in case it's not working properly? You can submit paper copies if all else fails. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond Jilly

Good to know its the right place. I'll check again tomorrow. ?

• Like 1

13 years ago I had several to discharge. I just wrote a letter to the planning department citing my planning reference no, listing the conditions by number and what had been done about each. That and a cheque for the fee was all I needed to send. They replied confirming all but one had been discharged. Perhaps things have changed since.

2 hours ago, Jilly said:

I had a look at the planning portal and couldn't see a dedicated link for submitting an application to discharge. All routes seem to lead to either...

Start new application

or

View your applications (requires log in)

So I can see @mania 's problem. Which did you go down?

Just now, Temp said:

I had a look at the planning portal and couldn't see a dedicated link for submitting an application to discharge. All routes seem to lead to either...

Start new application

or

View your applications (requires log in)

So I can see @mania 's problem. Which did you go down?

You have to “Start a new application” and when faced with the drop down list for the type of application, you need to select “Approval of details reserved by condition”.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the tips.

We managed to get through the process using this further guidance from the planning team rep:

"If you wish to make an electronic application you can only do this on the Planning Portal website at this link  https://www.planningportal.co.uk/applications Once you start an application, it will ask a series of questions regarding the type of application you wish to make. For the above you will need to  selection on Application Type -  Existing consents – Approval of Details reserved by Condition, the system should then allow you to upload the documents".