Velfac Bi-Parting Sliding Doors

Grosey

Has anyone installed a set of these, 4 x 1m sashes with the 2 middle ones being bi-parting. Installation instruction are crap so

wouldnt mind any hints or tips from someone in the know?

Could do with a video like this but for initial installation. 

Edited by Grosey

• 4 weeks later...

I've got these (but with 1.5m sashes) to install too. Yep the instructions are crap so if you find anything out please fill me in!

And that sliding internal diagonal measurement thing the guy in the vid has - anyone know what it might be called?

Edited by MarkH

1 hour ago, MarkH said:

I've got these (but with 1.5m sashes) to install too. Yep the instructions are crap so if you find anything out please fill me in!

And that sliding internal diagonal measurement thing the guy in the vid has - anyone know what it might be called?

Pretty key piece of info that I missed was... take the bloody glass off before you try to fit them!!!

Dunno what that tool is called but I saw the guy who surveyed for my uPVC windows brought one as well so must be a fairly standard type of slide rule. 

3 hours ago, Grosey said:

Pretty key piece of info that I missed was... take the bloody glass off before you try to fit them!!!

Dunno what that tool is called but I saw the guy who surveyed for my uPVC windows brought one as well so must be a fairly standard type of slide rule. 

You took the glass out of the doors and fixed sashes??? 

Yes, then you are only dealing with the weight of the wooden frames. Not exactly removing the glass, more the whole sash as it comes off the front of the frame on a gasket. Perhaps it was obvious to others but our first attempt was at fitting then glazed in their full 200kg weight. 

7 hours ago, Grosey said:

Yes, then you are only dealing with the weight of the wooden frames. Not exactly removing the glass, more the whole sash as it comes off the front of the frame on a gasket. Perhaps it was obvious to others but our first attempt was at fitting then glazed in their full 200kg weight. 

Thanks - that's worth knowing!

• 4 months later...