Kwikstage help...

Can anyone identify this piece.

It is a transom, but ever so slightly lipped edges. 

I ordered some return transoms, but was expecting there to be a more obvious manner of connecting to the perpendicular ledger such as what I'd seen in online demonstration vids.

Can anyone advise on this?

IMG_20210511_173432.jpg

There are at least 2 different designs of Kwikstage Transoms, the ones you have pressed out of sheet steel as you have there, and some are made of two steel angle sections and welded together at the ends.

I have always viewed them as completely interchangable.

I have not seen this "return transom" you mention, do you have a picture?

Just now, ProDave said:

There are at least 2 different designs of Kwikstage Transoms, the ones you ave pressed out of sheet steel as you have there, and some are made of two steel angle sections and welded together at the ends.

I have always viewed them as completely interchangable.

I have not seen this "return transom" you mention, do you have a picture?

Not so far. 2/3 of the way through unpacking and if these are normal transoms, the return transoms are currently no where to be seen.

The majority of the transoms I have are the two pieces welded together as you mention.

These are the shape. This one can only connect into a standard by putting the long spike at each end into the star on the standard and driving in the pin.

All ledger bars are horizontal and connect to the standard the same method. 

Return trannies arent used that much. Most people just over lap planks to cover the gap when you do a right angle. 

1 minute ago, Declan52 said:

Return trannies arent used that much. Most people just over lap planks to cover the gap when you do a right angle. 

Maybe this is what the supplier has done. Return transoms were on the invoice however.

3 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

These are the shape. This one can only connect into a standard by putting the long spike at each end into the star on the standard and driving in the pin.

All ledger bars are horizontal and connect to the standard the same method. 

I used quite a few. I found it tied the scaffold in nicely and no trip hazard ;)

Unloading finished, and no return transoms. But the supplier has apologised and shipping out the missing pieces expected to arrive next week.

I've already arranged for a few mates to come over Saturday to put the scaffolding up, so the returns won't have arrived by then. I'm therefore planning to install the runs in place with a transom and change around to a return transom when they arrive. 

So I can install the runs the correct distance apart, could I ask someone with Kwikstage up to measure the distance between the two runs so the return transom can slip in to place once arrived? Cheers ?