Double Glazed door unit

Looking for a 15 panel double glazed door unit to replace the single glazed one that's there. I can only find one seller/manufacturer online.

Our house has storm doors (not that draft proof themselves) and if these are kept closed it's very dark in the hall.

I'm hoping by choosing an exterior door it will offer a greater protection than what's currently there for keeping heat in.
The frame has a metal perimeter seal currently on it, it's a couple of "fins" running the length that compresses when the door closes. The plan is to also change this to a rubber seal of some description to offer a better fitment if anyone has any suggestions.

The back door could also benefit with replacement of the same method but it's a more traditional top third 9 pane (i think) door.

as said a photo would really help im struggling to understand what you have currently, if the current door is draughty then thats the biggest problem, you could have the best insulated door in the world but if theres a draught coming past it its pretty useless, i presume you are just wanting to replace the door and use the existing frame?, depending on how it is constructed it should be possible to replace the door and fit new door stops with storm seals and a new weather bar to create a better seal.

do you have any local window/door manufacturers or small independant joinery business? i would recomend the one local to me but im pretty sure they would be more expensive than the one that you have linked

2 hours ago, ash_scotland88 said:

Here's the current door.

Would be re-using the handles but new Yale and no mortice.

DSC_0444.JPG

DSC_0443.JPG

Where are you based exactly? The installer we use is a master German carpenter based in Clackmannanshire , I could give you his details and he could come up with something for you.

1 hour ago, jack said:

Check whether you need a mortice lock for insurance purposes. Most insurers require one, I believe.

Good point, would need to check that. The storm doors are only ever open when someone is in the house and awake.

57 minutes ago, craig said:

Where are you based exactly? The installer we use is a master German carpenter based in Clackmannanshire , I could give you his details and he could come up with something for you.

West Fife so not too far away. Also currently exploring double glazing, if you know of anyone in the region?

Had two quotes already, supply only £12k and supply and fit at £28.5k after discount.

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Can't you just have a fully glazed uPVC door with a 15 panel Georgian bar between the leafs?

The ones I've seen, admittedly online, all look a tad naff with narrow glazing bars.