Screwfix trade account

Conor

Firstly, I didn't know these existed! When picking up a large order of plumbing bits yesterday, the guy asked what I was doing and I said building a house. He said I should have a trade account... Just got a call to say it's all setup and I'd soon be getting a credit note on my account as they're applying the trade discount to my four precious orders. Happy days!

So, think it's worth mentioning trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Conor said:

... trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

Now they tell us: just when my SF order is but a few quid a month.....   Can't take a joke?  Don't self build Ian......

1 hour ago, Conor said:

So, think it's worth mentioning trade account to your local Screwfix as there no requirements to show you're an actual business. Think it comes with 10% discount on all prices.

This would have been very useful info 5 years ago! :D

Same happened to me. I was in collecting 7 wastes and traps and they asked if I was a plumber. Told them no, but I was building a house and that was good enough. Quite enjoy going through the special door whilst there's a big queue of people at the main counter. 

The discount isn’t related to the credit account it is related to you having a X-fix account (Plumb - Electri- ) and the discounting is at product level. I have a P-Fix account and get 10-12% off a lot of stuff but not everything. 

22 hours ago, Conor said:

I've got a Plumbfix account and can't say it has really benefited me that much at all. I tend to get better prices elsewhere, like even Toolstation, and the 10% discount I've found is only on a small number of products I've needed. They've offered to provide a quote service for larger orders but haven't tried that yet.

One thing I found a couple of times was that when buying in person I got a better price than ordering online for click and collect, but maybe that's just my imagination or wishful thinking..

I have a plumbfix account, mostly use click and collect. (No queuing with the public who usually don’t know what they want and spend ages discussing it at the counter) Yes toolstation can be a bit cheaper but was miles away, then again toolstation deliver free if you spend over £10 (Screwfix over £50).   Stop press......new toolstation just opened NEXT DOOR TO SCREWFIX ?

10 minutes ago, joe90 said:

I have a plumbfix account, mostly use click and collect. (No queuing with the public who usually don’t know what they want and spend ages discussing it at the counter) Yes toolstation can be a bit cheaper but was miles away, then again toolstation deliver free if you spend over £10 (Screwfix over £50).   Stop press......new toolstation just opened NEXT DOOR TO SCREWFIX ?

Exactly what Toolstation did near every Screwfix near me lol  No longer £10 for free delivery, they upped it to £25 ;)

• Like 1