Rainwater pipe reline or alternative option?

Hi,

I have a rainwater pipe that unfortunately needed cutting to make room for a steel base plate to slightly stick into it, only a tiny bit at the top so not necessarily going to touch any water directly but I am thinking of the best way to re-seal the pipe now that it’s a slightly different shape? The section cut out will no longer fit of course and so the option I found when researching online was to have that section of pipe relined with a resin kit where they inflate a tube inside the pipe and then pump resin around the tube to completely reline the whole pipe. 
This seemed fine until I started getting quotes. A few companies have said it’s impossible to reline because the shape is no longer circular yet others have said it’s fine. I don’t know who to believe or if there is an alternative way of sealing this that I haven’t seen?

It’s a tricky area to photograph but I attach two photos from either side which clearly show how little the steel sticks into it now. As this is the ground floor slab where it runs across we run the risk of leaking or worse(smells coming back through as this is directly linked up with mains drain about 3-4m away) into the room that is there and with 100mm insulation layer, screed and UFH yet to go down this could potentially cause a serious problem in the future by leaking underneath that unknowingly. 

What can I do?

59F8CD80-3436-4E27-A08D-EDAF9BB16A7C.jpeg

096E00F9-2C59-4DC8-82BF-3B8B27C2238C.jpeg

Edited by ashthekid

Can you not relay that section of pipe to miss the steel i think this is the only correct solution that wont come and bite you in the ass in the future and re lining that is not really a viable option.

Rerouting could be difficult since the foundations around the steel has been reinforced with wire mesh. See photo below(green line shows the steel that the pipe is behind). We can’t reroute externally as that’s into the neighbours property. We’ve already had to move a rainwater downpipe from the neighbours side inside our property within the cavity space directly underneath a new box gutter.

Could we insert a smaller pipe that would clear the steel plate that is sticking into this current pipe?

Or alternatively, because the run is so long and the ground floor level still has to come up another 15cm approx with insulation etc we run a new pipe directly on top and over the steel plate?

F6BCAC37-4BD7-4C31-A282-0EDD99D91AEF.jpeg

7 hours ago, ashthekid said:

Could this be used to bypass the steel?

7B941BF5-8988-4CFE-9762-A0CDB3150536.jpeg

Asking for trouble. You’ll need to find 82mm slip couplings plus other stuff to make that work as you can’t move the current pipes. 

If it’s the only route you have and assuming it’s running along the full length of the wall in the picture, why not just attach it to the main wall at a steep angle behind that studwork ..?? Plenty of support and straps holding it firm, and you can inspect it before you close everything up. 

You may also have to put some sort of trap in anyway if this connects to the main sewer - smells will get back from it whatever you do if not. 

Yes it’s a long run along that wall behind the stud work rhat gradually runs into the concrete(so you the far end where it will connect to patio drain it is mostly out of the concrete but then by the time it meets the mains drain which is just out of picture on the right it it virtually 99% set in the concrete), I could potentially run a whole new pipe just above the steel plate maybe. There is probably just enough of an angled run to make it work. At least then I would guarantee a sealed pipe. I believe there is a trap just before the mains drain.

Have just agreed with builder to totally bypass this pipe now. It’s just too risky to try and patch it up with no guarantee if it being totally sealed. 
Will now create a soak away in the garden for the surface water this was intended for.