UK 'must insulate 25 million homes'

daiking

1 hour ago, volcane said:

short item on RTE television just now on a passive housing estate. Will be on the +1 service at 8 for anyone who can pick up rte.

Very gd show which basically dispells a lot of the passive building costs way more myths that usually get brought up. Also included a standard house that went from a G rating,lowest, to an A3,3rd highest, by using ewi upgraded passive windows mhrv etc.

It's great to see retrofits doing so well, given that our biggest challenge is trying to improve existing housing stock, even though it's rubbish new builds that get most of the headlines. 

What's the programme called, Declan, as I'm trying to see if I can watch it on RTÉ  Player.

2 hours ago, JSHarris said:

I've had some feedback from the radio bit this morning already, including a couple of builders that reckon our house would be "impossible to build"..................

Says more about them than your house. :ph34r:

46 minutes ago, Triassic said:

£3.99 a month to watch RTE via their player!

I just set my VPN to a server that's in Ireland, so has an Irish IP address, and it seems to work OK, but the show that Declan mentioned doesn't seem to be there.

No mention of a charge, either, on the "about" section it just says this:

The RTÉ Player is a free online catch-up service which lets you watch a variety of programmes for up to 21 days after they are broadcast on RTÉ One and RTÉ Two television.

The same trick works if you want to watch BBC content when outside the UK, just set a VPN to a UK server and as far as the BBC are concerned you're in the UK

Note to mods:  If I appear to be somewhere odd in the world if you ever geolocate my IP,  it's only because I've forgotten to switch the VPN off!

Edited by JSHarris

If you search for 

Eco eye rte player season 15 episode 9

On Google it will find it .

Even us in the north are blocked from using the rte player as our IP address shows up as UK based but I use a ghost IP address if I ever need to watch something.

Screenshot_20170301-085402.png