Shed Roof - membrane & felt...

Carrerahill

As per the title, I built a little shed, the roof is 11mm OSB, I wrapped the rest of the structure in membrane before I clad it and decided just to throw some membrane onto the roof to dry it in, I went a little bit over the top and ended up with a fully membraned roof all tucked in and stapled down looking good - if I was putting on tile or slate I would be sorted - however after much deliberation I have just gone for bog standard roofing felt - I got some IKO stuff - question is, do I leave the membrane on?

A couple of things I have considered, breathable membrane under felt, I know will do nothing useful, but it may help protect the shed further in the future when the felt starts to fail. The membrane is designed to have a gap for breathability, being sandwiched in between OSB and felt might impact how it performs but I do wonder if it could rot, or somehow degrade...

I wonder if the membrane will allow to much slip between that and the felt and may aid in it falling off in the future, I have bought the IKO felt adhesive for the joints but had considered a bead here and there to help bond it to the OSB to reduce slip. 

So, answers on this would be good thanks.

You could leave the membrane in place, secure the felt by wrapping over the edges and adhesive at the joint/lap over. A few nails wont hurt to prevent flapping and tearing in the wind (sounds like a line from a song).