Material shortage

nod

Trying to buy some birch plywood at the moment for a project. Half of the online places are out of the thicknesses I need.

It also seems very expensive, but to be fair, it always seems very expensive!

2 hours ago, Onoff said:

Cement

Fortunately I got a pallet load of cement that was out of date pre lockdown - now before anyone starts shouting about out if date cement - I pretty much only use out of date cement as I get it for free though I expect those days are over.... I have never found it a problem - have not seen any degrading compared to in date cement- and it’s free ! A month ago I turned down a full pallet of out of date plaster..... and a full pallet of lime....... 

26 minutes ago, Digmixfill said:

But I'm not ready to measure up for that yet!

Ffs ! I have set sizes ! Build to suit . Save £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

22 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Market dictates the price through supply and demand. We have the supply bit covered. Demand???

F o f f . Loads of demand . Brexit , Covid , (expletive deleted) (expletive deleted)s , I have supply !

12 minutes ago, pocster said:

Ffs ! I have set sizes ! Build to suit . Save £££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

This is obviously what sets the amateur and the professional walk on glazing installer apart.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, pocster said:

Guys - best to buy your walk on glazing before prices rise 

Only thing rising at your gaff will be the water level! 

And yes it'll still be higher than my bathroom temperature before you say that! 

• Haha 1

One of my regular merchants have stuck the arm in with price rises. Quote from them for a load of insualtion, timber and blocks was £4800 ex vat. Got a quote from another merchant and they were £4k near enough to the penny ex vat. I've priced around before and found the local companies are pretty much all the same so gave up and have just been using the one. No more!!!

Only issue is the insualtion is unavailable for at least two weeks....