Lowering staircase

My external staircase arrives soon . It’s in sections ( apparently! ) .

Heaviest single component is 95kg .

It will have a lip and rest on the wall to the left ; then lowered down .

Though I have a winch there’s no where to fix it to . I could make a Scaff tower and get an end on there whilst the other rest on the wall . But how do I lower ? What’s the best ( and safest ) way to do this apart from crane hire ?

C701AB0F-F72F-4C13-926E-DBCDE44521F6.jpeg

50 minutes ago, pocster said:

But how do I lower ? What’s the best ( and safest ) way to do this apart from crane hire ?

Flood the basement until it’s at the level of the lip and float everything on a raft. Then pump out the water and hey presto the equipment is now at lower ground level .... 

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Adam2 said:

Or even a genie lift? It's not that heavy

You'd need to have a way to get the genie lift into the basement and back out again. The Genie's themselves are 140kg.

I used one to lift 150kg stone baths up to the first floor as I wasn't chancing using the temp MDF stairs with two of us on it as well.

5 minutes ago, Bitpipe said:

You'd need to have a way to get the genie lift into the basement and back out again

I was thinking to have the genie at the top of the stairwell, raise the genie forks to near the top, attach lifting straps to stair part, raise a little, move it so stair part over stairwell then lower the forks 

2 hours ago, Conor said:

Would a telehandler reach? Could simply strap the parts under the forks and drop in. I know it's more money but far less than a crane.

2 hours ago, Adam2 said:

Or even a genie lift? It's not that heavy

No access for any lift/fork - that's always been the issue.

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

With a few scaffold poles and your winch you should be able to lower it, might take a few big blokes to get it in position tho!.

It's difficult to mount it correctly for such a weight. When I build my mini lift ( which I will! ) I'll just load it 20/30kg a time. So nice and relatively light - save me carrying everything down the stairs. All the tile adhesive , blocks, tiles - many ton's worth.

@pocster I will pray for you and your stairs. When you achieve this feat, do update us on your success story as I'd love to know what you end up doing. I have a 140kg stone resin bath coming next month and no idea how the builder will get it from the kerbside delivery point to the first floor bathroom.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Adsibob said:

@pocster I will pray for you and your stairs. When you achieve this feat, do update us on your success story as I'd love to know what you end up doing. I have a 140kg stone resin bath coming next month and no idea how the builder will get it from the kerbside delivery point to the first floor bathroom.

I installed a 110kg shower tray on my own with a winch . I’ve got big bits - so that helps . Your builder is a pussy so will fail ... ????????