I need a large manhole cover.

ProDave

This is for our old house, to cover the top of the pumping station.  The neck is 600mm diameter but pushed a little out of round by the backfilling (but that could be corrected)

When installed 18 years ago it was supplied with a standard, lightweight, 600 by 450mm galvanised lid and frame.  It was too small and was bodged in place by some poor cement that overhung the edge of the neck as it was too small.  Anyway that as rusted through and needs replacing preferably with something right for the job.

But I am having trouble finding anything.  I have had a look here  https://www.drainagesuperstore.co.uk/browse/underground-drainage/manholes-and-grates/pedestrian-manhole-covers.html

The only one that looks suitable, is the bottom right an 600mm by 900mm but is a lot more expensive and in any case out of stock.

I would have thought a 600mm round drain cover would be a standard item?

I had a piece of 8mm chequer plate cut to size and galvanised by my fabricator to replace the broken, obscure sized lid on one of mine. I didn't faff having key hole slots for lifting irons or anything. Just use the edge of a spade.

20190420_175957