Site Electricity Cubicle

Hi all,

We are building an agricultural barn which is at the bottom of a 70m track. We are looking at having a cubicle for 3 phase electricity to the site situated at the side of the track roughly 5m from the point at which the track joins the road.

I have spoken to Electricity North West and they have pointed me towards these https://ritherdon.myshopify.com/collections/rb-cabinets

They have also suggested we could build a brick and block one. 

Does anyone have any examples or specs for building a brick and block one or have reference for the install of a cabinet similar to the ones above.

Many thanks

ENW did our connection: they provided me with an 'Approved Layout' I seem to remember. I'll dig it out .....here....

Maybe for three phase it has to be more substantial ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.b24780a9a34a8c88dab9bf0ac53673c0.JPG

PS, they sent me a Jewson's leaflet too   ......

Edited by ToughButterCup
  • Like 1

We built a Kiosk for Power, Water and Comms, so is a bit bigger than you require.

Similarly, we're around 100m up a track, and having the Kiosk on the edge of the Curtilage, kept us to around about the 100m limit for data and PoE back to the entrance at the start of the Track.

image.thumb.png.c3b3f7668ab46c981144e885a0346c8e.png

image.thumb.png.3d79e59ef35ea1b3de9bac377ae2322f.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ToughButterCup said:

ENW did our connection: they provided me with an 'Approved Layout' I seem to remember. I'll dig it out .....here....

Maybe for three phase it has to be more substantial ?

Capture.thumb.JPG.b24780a9a34a8c88dab9bf0ac53673c0.JPG

PS, they sent me a Jewson's leaflet too   ......

My DNO sent me the same drawing but accepted a GRP cabinet, which I bought on EBay. Note the drawing title ‘typical’ ... cubicle.