ASHP Suppliers/Installers Review?

Hi folks. I'm getting ready to press "go" on installation of an ASHP and uvc which will be certified for RHI. This is to replace a vented cistern and old gas boiler. I've gotten quotes from several suppliers: Chelmer heating, does a supply of a Samsung 16kw ASHP and Telford uvc and handles certification for RHI after I have my own G3 tech do the installation (following their documentation). They're much cheaper, but 20% VAT makes it the same as the quote I've gotten from another provider. The other contender is Glen Eco renewables, who has quoted me for an LG / Telford system or Veissman ASHP (for £800 extra).

Has anyone had experience with either provider? Similarly, any strong opinions on Samsung/LG/Veissman? From what I can tell the warranties are now all the same on these products, they're all R32 refridgerant, have same flow temperatures (65C) and SCOP seems pretty similar. Would love to hear any/all that folks have to say about them!

Edited by Jeremy

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/04/2021 at 09:54, Jeremy said:

UK, Powys in Wales more specifically

Given Vincent from Magna Renewables a call, he's based in Runcorn but does work up and down the country, a highly skilled installer with exceptional attention to details. He's recently completed our ASHP and Solar PV, can't recommend him enough. Our neighbour asked him to install solar pv after seeing his work.

On 27/04/2021 at 11:05, SteamyTea said:

Just sent him a message.

Had forgotten about this, he eventually got back to me saying "too far".

@magutosh

Did they do all the heat load calculations and how does it compare to your SAP/EPC numbers.

And how did the system sizing compare to other systems?

On 16/05/2021 at 11:39, SteamyTea said:

Had forgotten about this, he eventually got back to me saying "too far".

@magutosh

Did they do all the heat load calculations and how does it compare to your SAP/EPC numbers.

And how did the system sizing compare to other systems?

Yes, they did all the calcs. They sized a less powerful Daikin system for us, compared to a 14kw Ecodan, which still operates comfortably in extreme cold, based on the calcs.

Their figures are pretty much on par with each other, heat calcs were slightly under what SAP/EPC numbers, by a couple of hundred on heat demands, not sure if that's good or bad?

1 hour ago, magutosh said:

Their figures are pretty much on par with each other, heat calcs were slightly under what SAP/EPC numbers, by a couple of hundred on heat demands, not sure if that's good or bad?

That is just statistical noise, if it was a couple of MWh out, that would be a different matter.

On 18/05/2021 at 11:47, pstunt said:

Is anyone able to recommend anyone who operate up here in north of the country Co. Durham ?

Hi, I had a 7kw LG heat pump installed by this company in December 2020. They are a small company, and i had no problems with them. Jamie the owner could always answer my questions correctly,  and even when i managed to stop the system working when changing things in the programming, was able to fix it over the phone in a matter of seconds. I did cast a plinth so there was no time wasted when they started, and lifted all the floor boards as i needed the micro bore changed for the heat pump. I am located near Durham. They are worth contacting, and you can form your own opinion of them.  The company is Lucans ltd located in Tyne and Wear.

Edited by Ronny
Forgot to add the company's name.

On 01/06/2021 at 13:48, Ronny said:

Hi, I had a 7kw LG heat pump installed by this company in December 2020. They are a small company, and i had no problems with them. Jamie the owner could always answer my questions correctly,  and even when i managed to stop the system working when changing things in the programming, was able to fix it over the phone in a matter of seconds. I did cast a plinth so there was no time wasted when they started, and lifted all the floor boards as i needed the micro bore changed for the heat pump. I am located near Durham. They are worth contacting, and you can form your own opinion of them.  The company is Lucans ltd located in Tyne and Wear.

Thanks for this

i will take a look at them