Klover Traditional Smart 80 Pellet Stove Cooker - Flexibility? Modulation?

Oxbow16

Hi

We're considering our heating options at the moment, one of which is this wood pellet stove/cooker/boiler on an RHI scheme.  

We need our heating to be quite flexible, partly because some rooms have woodburners, and partly because of the house layout.  There's the main house, and then an attached large single storey barn..  Sometimes only one or the other will need heat from the Klover.  And sometimes for part of the day, if - for example - the woodburner will be used in the evening.  

So our ideal set up would be one that modulates really well, allowing us to heat the whole or just parts of the house as required.  

The barn will likely have UFH, while the rest of the house has radiators.

Any thoughts much appreciated,

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

I know of the Klover product but no direct experience if it. Some general pointers.....Do you plan on installing a buffer tank? Despite what some manufacturers/installers say, I wouldn't install a biomass boiler without one.

Heating controls and hydraulics are key to the system working efficiently. Combined with a buffer, this will also stop cycling of the boiler and the associated increase in maintenance.

Edited by Trw144
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Trw144 said:

I know if the Klover product but no direct experience if it. Some general pointers.....Do you plan on installing a buffer tank? Despite what some manufacturers/installers say, I wouldn't install a biomass boiler without one.

Heating controls and hydraulics are key to the system working efficiently. Combined with a buffer, this will also stop cycling of the boiler and the associated increase in maintenance.

And I wouldn’t install a biomass boiler full stop!

59 minutes ago, recoveringbuilder said:

And I wouldn’t install a biomass boiler full stop!

I'm sure there are ASHP owners who say the same! Comes down to the equipment and it being installed correctly.

3 hours ago, Trw144 said:

I'm sure there are ASHP owners who say the same! Comes down to the equipment and it being installed correctly.

When you know nothing about the equipment apart from what the manufacturer is advertising in terms of performance etc and you do all the right things, getting a registered installer who explains it all to you in layman’s terms then pay thousands of pounds to have it installed, trusting that you have been given correct information, then it all goes tits up because apparently the installer who is registered with all the relevant bodies didn’t really know as much as he claimed to what or who do you blame?

18 hours ago, recoveringbuilder said:

When you know nothing about the equipment apart from what the manufacturer is advertising in terms of performance etc and you do all the right things, getting a registered installer who explains it all to you in layman’s terms then pay thousands of pounds to have it installed, trusting that you have been given correct information, then it all goes tits up because apparently the installer who is registered with all the relevant bodies didn’t really know as much as he claimed to what or who do you blame?

If you have been given false information my either the installer or manufacturer then I would be blaming them, not the biomass industry as a whole. As I said, I'm sure there are many ASHP (and even gas boiler) customers in a similar position.