Leaky grub screw !

Pocster

Tested the main bathroom shower . Was going to say zero leaks then noticed a patch underground ( tiger seal on order ) . Rainfall shower head seems leak free ( have the back wall exposed so can be certain ) . Notice the stupid nano size grub screw drips though !! . This common on this type of fitting ?? . I can live with it !!

059E54D9-D8CC-4083-AE27-4234F7C0A158.jpeg

1B0EED1C-AE1E-492A-B20A-B2A1B7A5EB77.jpeg

25 minutes ago, PeterW said:

That means the o-rings are not in place properly inside as that shouldn’t leak from there. 

Ok . So the ‘arm ‘ for the shower head isn’t on far enough ? I.e tight enough to the fitting ... ?

Your ring isn't tight enough...

If the sticky out bit that the arm slides over is too short you MIGHT get away with a good slug of Jet Blue Plus at the interface.

Should the grub screw engage in a groove?

9 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Your ring isn't tight enough...

If the sticky out bit that the arm slides over is too short you MIGHT get away with a good slug of Jet Blue Plus at the interface.

Should the grub screw engage in a groove?

My rings always tight - you know that .

I think from memory there is a grove .

I can only access from the rear ( how many times have I said that ) . So might cut the supply hep20 . Then I’m free to move / bodge / professionally alter the fixing to suit .

Finally !

Taken all morning to fiddle with shower fitting , packing , plumbing .

At last a leak free grub screw !

Quite how you are meant to get that mm accurate from the front (I.e before tiling ) seems impossible too me !!

11 minutes ago, SteamyTea said:

No more galloping your maggot then.

Inspired by my “skill “ I decided to take the back of the wall off where the shower hose elbow is . It’s to far forward by maybe 3 mm . 
Mission Abort !!!

For reasons I’ll never know I had screwed pipes and clips to that board . So impossible to get off !!

Quickly put back on wall and screwed in . I’ll live with 3mm error - was going to silicone it anyway ?