Leaking shower waste

Pocster

It leaks ?

There’s a rubber washer underneath that goes against the tray . There appears no rubber to go around the actual trap in the shower ( which seems strange ) .

I’ve undone it - washer underneath seems clean ( no grit or anything ) . I can’t hand tighten it any further . What’s the best approach here ?

D0394275-D93F-4285-9AB5-B8561C8D5F57.jpeg

0E02EBCA-C5F7-4D64-A4D4-10366652D6C6.jpeg

Could you stuff a bit of scrunched up, dry bog roll above that fitting, then run the shower for a bit. This to prove where it's leaking from?

Where the drip it should only be hand tight and a bit. A smear of something in there like silicone grease might help. 

2 minutes ago, Onoff said:

Could you stuff a bit of scrunched up, dry bog roll above that fitting, then run the shower for a bit. This to prove where it's leaking from?

Where the drip it should only be hand tight and a bit. A smear of something in there like silicone grease might help. 

I *think* it’s from underneath I.e the rubber washer against the tray . Just standard silicone on that or something ‘ special ‘ ??

In the depths of my bathroom thread there's some words of wisdom from the Welsh Wizard. From memory he said a lot of rubber washers on traps are generic. His, the method I used, was to ditch the rubber washer. I then filled up the gap with I think white Sikaflex EBT. When tightening though you MUST ensure you compress the trap without turning it which will tend to smear it too thin. Baby wipe it and walk away until set.

Now I'd probably use white BT1.

@Nickfromwales feel free to jump in!  ?

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, pocster said:

It’s possible from in the shower tray to ‘move’ the trap . Just slides around !! ?

that indicates the trap is not tight on the tray!!! so  is probably where it’s leaking. ? If you can remove it make sure the nut goes far enough along the thread to tighten on the thickness of the shower tray!!! I like using a smear of Vaseline (on plumbing washers) ?

Edited by joe90
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Onoff said:

In the depths of my bathroom thread there's some words of wisdom from the Welsh Wizard. From memory he said a lot of rubber washers on traps are generic. His, the method I used, was to ditch the rubber washer. I then filled up the gap with I think white Sikaflex EBT. When tightening though you MUST ensure you compress the trap without turning it which will tend to smear it too thin. Baby wipe it and walk away until set.

Now I'd probably use white BT1.

@Nickfromwales feel free to jump in!  ?

Ok . So bt1 on the rubber o ring which goes against underside of tray . Will order a tube ?