Liquid Rubber Roofing?

idontknowwhatiamdoing

Looking to replace and refurbish an old flat roof.

I have considered EPDM rubber rolls (Classicbond), however a roofer suggested for climates with unpredictable weather that I should consider Liquid PU or EPDM.

Has anyone used this system for replacing a felt roof?

I've had a look at a few vids by Steve Roofer

The system looks promising, or is it too good to believe?

I have come across the following products

- Kemper Liquid Waterproofing

- Hydrostop EU AH25

- Ecothane Liquid Rubber

Edited by idontknowwhatiamdoing

I have looked at it, but not used it. I'm an epdm fan, and a fibreglass roof hater.....From what i can remember, you have to tape all the joints on the timber etc, so seemed like a lot of faff. One of my mates used it on a garden pub roof, and said he needed twice as much as the manufacturer said he would need. So it worked out bloody expensive.

Just now, Big Jimbo said:

I have looked at it, but not used it. I'm an epdm fan, and a fibreglass roof hater.....From what i can remember, you have to tape all the joints on the timber etc, so seemed like a lot of faff. One of my mates used it on a garden pub roof, and said he needed twice as much as the manufacturer said he would need. So it worked out bloody expensive.

Yea,

I looked at EPDM rubber (Classicbond) but its a tonne weight for my needs (62sqm) to do by myself.

• I am a young guy by myself, renovating a cottage on a remote Scottish island with no tradesmen, so need a system that I can install by myself or with some labour help
  • Its water tight and can handle a coastal climate
  • Can be self healing or easy to repair

Fair play fella. As i said i like the idea of it, and will try it myself when i get a chance. Just be careful that it don't end up costing you a fortune. It might be worth seeing if any of the manufacturers do induction days etc. Would defo be worth spending a day with them to see how it should be done, and make sure you are happy. + you should them get to play with there materials at no cost to you. Keep me posted.

I have recently used one, cannot remember manufacturer sitting here, but it did use nearly twice what the manufacturer said, which was a major pain as I had to run around like a lunatic trying to find another tin at 3pm. 

Fairly happy with the results, but cost in extra material when pricing. 

I liked the idea that it could be applied in damp conditions as I was doing the job in January. 

4 hours ago, Russell griffiths said:

I have recently used one, cannot remember manufacturer sitting here, but it did use nearly twice what the manufacturer said, which was a major pain as I had to run around like a lunatic trying to find another tin at 3pm. 

Fairly happy with the results, but cost in extra material when pricing. 

I liked the idea that it could be applied in damp conditions as I was doing the job in January. 

If you can find out the name of the product, that would be much appreciated!