Polycrub

Thedreamer

A few round and about us, all owners pleased with them. Not sure I'm interested enough to justify the investment though.

Aware of a few folk building their own, sourcing the components themselves either fish pen pipe, or if you have some shelter 63mm water pipe -  could save you a fair bit I think. Have the name of the polycarbonate supplier (7m lengths) that they use if it helps.

• Like 1

You can save a substantial amount sourcing your own materials, the biggest problem is transportation of the polycarbonate sheets due to there length, I had fish farm pipe available so just needed sheets and the special H joints. 

A good diy project with big savings available. 

• 1 year later...

Hi All,

What a great forum! I’m hoping somebody might be able to help me. Apologies for reviving an old thread but I was wondering if anybody could tell me what length of pipe do you use for a 4m polycrub? I did find the technical drawings on the WWW but couldn’t specifically work out the exact length of pipe for each hoop.. although it’s just over 4m diameter, it’s higher in the middle so figure it’s got to be more than 1/2 of the circumference of a 4m diameter circle? 

thanks in advance!